(3) Swimming Pools on property located in various neighborhoods
Large Children's Playground adjacent to Restaurant
Fishing area adjacent to boat ramp
Local Attractions (Within 1/2 hour)
DANIEL BOONE NATIONAL FOREST
A 488-acre National wildlife preserve is adjacent to the resort property. Guests may explore the terrain and conduct nature walks. There are a wide variety of tree specimens, plants and wildlife. In season, the Park area is used for various hunting of deer, squirrel and wild turkey.
DANIEL BOONE NATIONAL SHOOTING RANGE
Within a mile of the resort entrance, guests may engage in target practice. The range is open to the public.
Within a 20-mile drive, the famous MOONBOW over the falls can be seen during full moon. The site attracts over one million visitors annually and provides dining at Dupont Lodge. This is one of the most attractive parks to visit in Kentucky.
BURNSIDE STATE PARK
Only 10 miles from our entrance, this state parks offers Golf, Boating, Fishing, Camping, Swimming, Shuffleboard, Planned Recreation, Picnicking and Playgrounds.
Adjacent to the Burnside State Park on Beautiful Lake Cumberland is one of the largest full service marinas in the area. Daily and weekly rentals are available for small and large crafts including wave runners and pontoon boats. Only 10 miles from the resort.
- Rentals Avilable for Ski, Fishing and Pontoon Boats.
- (16) Boat Reserved Slips for Lake Cumberland Residents and Guests.
- Call: (606)561-4223 for boat rentals or more information.
BIG SOUTH FORK SCENIC RAILWAY
Take this scenic (3) hour trip through the countryside and go back in time to when coal was King. Visit the Stearns Museum to see how the coal company towns operated and the lifestyle of their people.
- Located one mile west of US 27 on Hwy. 92. (Only 45 minutes away)
Golf Courses Within 15-30 Minutes
BURNSIDE STATE PARK
- 18 Hole Course maintained by State of Kentucky
- Island Course is surrounded by Lake Cumberland with attractive scenic view of the lake.
SLATE BRANCH GOLF COURSE
- 18 hole course with driving range.
- Off Hwy 27 near by-pass.
- Call for times and more information: (606) 679-3113.
EAGLE'S NEST COUNTRY CLUB
- 18 hole manicured fairways with driving range, snack bar and full service restaurant.
- Just north of Somerset, located off Hwy 39.
- Call for times and more information: (606) 678-7754.
Local Off-site Entertainment Within 15-30 Minutes
235 Enterprise Dr. Somerset. - Behind Somerset Mall
- Go-carts, 18-hole miniature golf, bumper cars, arcade and Pool tables.
- Open daily Memorial Day through Labor Day. Open weekends in May and September.
- Call for more information: (606)679-3651.
FINLEY FUN CENTER
- Skating Rink, Laser Tag, Pool Tables, Arcade.
- Call for more information: (606)679-4386.
BRIAR BOWLING LANES
- Multiple Professional and Bumper Lanes.
- Call for more information: (606)678-5332.
SKATE CITY SKATING RINK
30 Eury LN. Somerset. - Behind Somerset Mall
Hwy 27, Burnside, KY - Next to Kingsford Charcoal Plant
- Weekend go-cart raceway races.
INDIAN CREEK STABLES
Ride the trails with qualified guides. Spend an hour, day or week on the trails.
- Call for more information: (606)376-2404.
27 TWIN DRIVE-IN
Hwy 27, Somerset, Near northern Burnside city limit.
- Open every evening in season.
- (2) Screen Movie Theater.
Family Attractions Within 1-2 Hours
CUMBERLAND STAR CRUISE BOAT
- Take a lunch, dinner, fall color or charter cruise of Lake Cumberland.
- Only an hours drive to the Jamestown area to begin your cruise.
- Call 1-888-STAR-171 for reservations.
WHITE WATER RAFTING AND CANOE TRIPS
Sheltowee Trace Outfitters
P.O. BOX 1060 Whitley City, KY 42653
MILLS SPRINGS BATTLEFIELD
- Visit the historical town and learn of the history of the Civil War.
- Only a delightful drive through the countryside.
SOMERSET ANTIQUES AND FLEA MARKETS
- Selection of antiques, jewelry, primitives, pottery and more.
- Spend an interesting day visiting our shops for treasures.
- Noted for its antique bargains.
6494 Oak Hill Rd, Somerset
LAKE CUMBERLAND AUCTION
64 North Hwy 27
NORTH 27 ANTIQUE MALL
3000 N Hwy 27 Somerset
PITMAN CREEK ANTIQUE MALL
6940 S Hwy 27 Somerset
SOMERSET ANTIQUE MALL
209 E. Market St. Somerset
- A collection of antique farm equipment, buggies, sleighs, fire trucks & many nostalgic items.
- Open daily: Memorial Day -- Labor Day.
Spend a day visiting this National Attraction. Millions of visitors tour these historic caves. Fascinating rock formations along the 350 miles of explored passageways. Well worth the 2-hour excursion.
Interstate 75 at Exit 62.
- Take the time to visit Kentucky's Country Music capital with 12 Shows Weekly.
- (2) Restaurants, Craft Village, Headliner Concerts and Festivals.
WOLF CREEK DAM
Tour the facility which created Lake Cumberland. This in-depth visitation will explain how the Army Corps of Engineers acquired the land and created the 100 mile long facility.
- Directions: Take Hwy 27 North to Cumberland Parkway off at Jamestown and follow signs to the Dam. Approx. one hour to dam.
SHAKER VILLAGE AT PLEASANT HILL
Step back in time at this living history farm where interpreters in period clothing re-create the chores and pastimes of a mid-19th century rural farm family. Special events, programs and festivals
- Located near Harrodsburg, the Village offers visitors craft demonstrations, museum displays, dining and overnight quarters in original buildings dated back to the early 1800s.
KENTUCKY HORSE PARK
A 1000 Acre exhibit of various horses and their family breeding.
- A must experience and worth the 1 1/2 hr drive to Lexington by Hwy 75.
- Museum, Dining and Videos.